1. For current ratings information and a more complete analysis of the financial strength of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company, please go to www.metlife.com and click on “About Us,” “Corporate Profile,” “Ratings.”
2. This tax exclusion does not apply to payments received for punitive damages or to damages received on account of medical expenses previouslydeducted on Federal tax returns. The tax law is subject to change and to different interpretations. We do not provide tax advice.
3. As described by the National Structured Settlements Trade Association.
4. Guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company.
5. Federal and State Estate Taxes may be due upon death based on the value of any remaining payments.
Any discussion of taxes is for general informational purposes only and does not purport to be complete or cover every situation. MetLife, its agents and representatives may not give legal, tax or accounting advice and this document should not be construed as such. You should confer with your qualified legal, tax and accounting advisors as appropriate.
Annuity contracts can be issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC), 200 Park Ave. NY, NY 10166 or Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company (MTL), 5601 South 59th St., Lincoln, NE 68516, two wholly owned subsidies of MetLife, Inc. ("MetLife"). Like most annuity contracts, MetLife annuities contain certain limitations, exclusions and terms for keeping them in force. Ask a MetLife representative for costs and complete details.