A pet is more than just a pet – they are an essential part of the family.
74% of people who live with pets consider pet insurance a must have or nice to have benefit.5
51% of employees rank pet insurance among the top benefits to impact their decision to take a new job.12
1. Metropolitan General Insurance Company (“MetGen”), a Rhode Island insurance company, headquartered at 700 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI 02886, is the insurance carrier for this product. Availability across all 50 states is subject to pending regulatory approvals. MetLife Pet Insurance Solutions LLC is the policy administrator authorized by MetGen to offer and administer pet insurance policies. This entity was previously known as PetFirst Healthcare, LLC and in some states continues to operate under that name pending approval of its application for a name change. The entity may operate under an alternate, assumed, and/or fictitious name in certain jurisdictions as approved, including MetLife Pet Insurance Services LLC (New York and Minnesota), MetLife Pet Insurance Solutions Agency LLC (Illinois), and such other alternate, assumed, or fictitious names approved by certain jurisdictions. Application is subject to underwriting review and approval. Like most insurance policies, insurance policies issued by MetGen contain certain deductibles, co-insurance, exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations, and terms for keeping them in force. For costs, complete details of coverage and exclusions, and a listing of approved states, please contact MetLife Pet Insurance Solutions LLC.
2. 2020 Employee Benefit Adviser “5 benefit perks to entice top millennial talent to your clients”
3. American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) survey, 2018
4. 2019 HealthPocket Info Poll (https://www.healthpocket.com/healthcare-research/surveys/how millennials-approach-health-insurance#.X_N5EC9h1TY)
5. MetLife 2021 Employee Benefit Trends Study
6. We do not cover all pre-existing conditions; just those covered by the previous provider.
7. When using multiple discounts, discounts cannot exceed 30%
8. With the healthy pet incentive, your pet's deductible automatically decreases by $50 each policy year that you don't receive a claim reimbursement. May not be available in all states.
9. Based on a January 2021 review of publicly available summary information about competitors’offerings. Competitors did not furnish copies of their policies for review. If you have questions about a particular competitor's policy or coverage, please contact them or their representative directly.
10. Approximately 80% of claims are processed within 10 days or less11. MetLife Pet Insurance’s new Pet Parent Pulse Survey, 2021
11. Not available in all states
12. MetLife Pet Insurance’s new Pet Parent Pulse Survey, 2021